leading them spiritually
This week I have been talking to women who deeply desire their husbands to step into the role of Spiritual leader in their home. Even though they are Christian men, they don’t seem ready or comfortable to be this leader.
How can we lead our children?
Maybe you are a father and are not sure how to lead your home.
Friends, how we lead our family Spiritually is a huge part of the legacy we are leaving our children.
Here are a few tips to leading your home Spiritually:
• Make your own quiet time just you and God a priority. When we are living for Christ and spending time with Him two things happen. One, our family will see that example. • Two, we are bringing the Spirit of God into our home.
• Make meal prayer times a must. Thank God for the food He has provided for your family.
• Have a time of family devotions. There are some great books out there for family devotions but don’t rush right out and buy a bunch of books. Just spend time in God’s Word! The book of Proverbs is a great place to start. It has 31 chapters and most months have 31 days. With the family, read a chapter a day then talk about it. If your kids are little, you likely have a preschool storybook Bible, if not you can pick them up fairly cheap at Walmart. Read a Bible story each day then talk about it. Be sure to pray with the kids too. Don’t think your time has to be hours on end. Start out with fifteen minutes.
• Play worship music in the house and car. Sing along and encourage the kids to sing along.
• When the kids start acting up that is a teaching time! Talk about how God can help us control our feelings and pray about it.
• If someone gets hurt, bandage and care for it if need be, but never forget to pray over it.
• When something good happens, be sure to praise God for it and let the kids know that God has blessed you.
• When you’re in a bad mood, ask your spouse or even child to pray with you that you will have the joy of the Lord.
• Be careful what you watch on tv and the websites you visit on the computer. Always think integrity!
3 Responses to “leading them spiritually”
leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.